iNPLACENEWS Blog Has MOVED

September 14, 2008

Hey everyone!  From all the staff to all the readers of our blog and the watchers of our live news programming broadcasted live over the internet directly to your desktop, we want to thank you for all your support and participatiion.  We have relocated our blog to iNPLACENEWS.COM.  There you will find all our blogs, including the old posts, your comments you made, the place to download our free desktop player and all of the current news from around the world.  Stay up-to-date on all the current events by watching our broadcasts, reading our blogs, and watching videos-on-demand.  Again, go to iNPLACENEWS.COM for all the newest blogs and the older posts you love to go back to read.  Thank you again for your time, support, and participation.

-iNPLACENEWS


Five South Koreans Kidnapped in Mexico For Ransom

July 22, 2008

Five South Koreans, one woman and four men, were kidnapped while driving in Reynosa, a Mexican border city across the border from McAllen, Texas, police and embassy officials said Tuesday, and their captors reportedly are demanding a $30,000 ransom.

According to the South Korean Yonhap news agency, the captors falsely identified themselves as police, a common practice among criminals in Mexico. Mexican officials are investigating but had no leads in the case yet. In a statement made by a South Korean Embassy spokesman, the ransom had not been paid. He added that the kidnapped group had been looking into working in Mexico but did not elaborate. South Korea’s Foreign Ministry said in a statement that the five were alive, but Kim said officials were still trying to confirm that. Mexico has one of the highest rates of kidnappings for ransom in the world.

Many abductions are never reported to police, in part for fear officials themselves might be involved or that they would bungle a possible rescue.

iNPLACENEWS


Identity of Man Who Was Shot While Beating Boy

June 17, 2008


Police on Monday identified the man who was fatally shot by an officer for allegedly refusing to stop beating a toddler to death along a remote road as Sergio Casian Aguilar, 27.

On Saturday night, Aguilar parked his truck on an unlit road, removed a 2-year-old boy from his car seat and proceeded to stomp, kick and punch the boy to death, according to authorities and witnesses. The boy was unrecognizable when he was pronounced dead at Emanuel Medical Center.

Authorities have not released the boy’s name, but they say they believe he was Aguilar’s son. The relationship is being confirmed by DNA testing.

Several motorists called 911 and tried to stop the beating, authorities said. Witnesses report that Aguilar told people who tried to stop him that the boy was “trash.”

Responding to 911 calls, a Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department helicopter landed in a field nearby. A Modesto police officer, Jerry Ramar, fatally shot Aguilar, who flashed his middle finger at the officer, after he failed to heed the officer’s warning to stop beating the child

Authorities have not released the name of the boy’s mother.

Aguilar had no previous criminal history, police said. Results of toxicology tests on Aguilar are expected in four weeks.

The original, breaking news story can be read here

iNPLACENEWS


Man Killed By Police While Beating Toddler To Death

June 16, 2008


In Stanislaus County, California, police killed a 27-year-old man found kicking, punching and stomping a toddler to death after attempts by both police and other people to stop him. Following the incident, investigators were trying to establish the relationship between the suspect and the child he had beaten to death. The Stanislaus County coroner said the boy, based on his size, appeared to be between 1 and 2 years old and he will have to be identified through a blood or DNA test. Police were perplexed and quite shocked about any possible motive this man could have had.

Police found a child’s car seat in the back of the suspect’s four-door pickup truck. The truck caught the attention of an elderly couple at 10:13 p.m. Saturday because it was stopped in the two-lane road facing the wrong direction. As they got closer, the couple saw the man beating the toddler behind his truck and throwing the child on the ground. The suspect was engaged in what he was doing. He just pushed off anyone who attempted to intervene and went back to it. People in the area began calling 911.

Responding to those emergency calls, a police helicopter landed in a cow pasture at 10:19 p.m. carrying a Modesto police officer who shot the man to death after he refused an order to stop beating the child. No children within the dead boy’s age range have been reported kidnapped or missing in Stanislaus County, according to authorities.

Identity of man released, follow the story here.

iNPLACENEWS


Woman Locked Up 18 Years For Being Pregnant Out of Wedlock

June 14, 2008



Police in southern Italy report that a family kept a woman locked in a room in their house for 18 years because they were angry she was pregnant out of wedlock.

The woman, now 47, was freed by police after receiving an anonymous tip on Friday in Santa Maria Capua Vetere and was taken to the hospital for psychiatric evaluation and care. The brother and sister of the woman were both arrested, while the 80-year old mother on house arrest.

Italian TV showed the room with a bed, chair, filthy toilet and sink.

Police said the woman’s child was living with relatives and didn’t know about his mother and is now 17-years old.

iNPLACENEWS


Another Child-Molesting Cult in New Mexico

May 5, 2008

State officials in Clayton, New Mexico have been aware of and investigating an apocalyptic cult, Lord Our Righteousness Church, that supposedly has child-molesting as part of its practices, whether stated or not in its mission statement. Although this is NOT an FLDS branch, it is not unlike the cult in Texas that recently was raided and had hundreds of children taken. A man who goes by Michael Travesser ((his real name is Wayne Bent (the bearded man in the above photo)) says he was anointed the Messiah by God in 2000 had told cult members that he must sleep with seven virgins. Recently, a father, John Sayer, who has two female children in the cult, left the cult after 16 years in hopes of saving hs family. Unfortunately, after their departure, the two girls (ages 14 and 15) returned to the cult. Children, Youth and Families Department got involved after a tip and removed the Sayer’s youngest last week. Two girls and one boy, all under the age of 18, were taken in the state-intervention.

Sayer says that his daughters were asked to just “lay naked” with Micheal, but that anything could have happened. He had continually denied the requests of Michael to make his daughters 2 of the 7 virgins he would sleep with. In a posting on the website for the cult, Michael said that he never had sex with minors nor did the cult involve any kind of molestation, child or adult.

Sounds all too familar these days. Stay tuned.

iNPLACENEWS


Parents Increase Reward For Son

May 1, 2008

Becoming increasingly worried about their son who, as previously reported by iNPLACENEWS, had been kidnapped, the parents of the suspected victim in Florida are increasing the reward for their son’s return from $10,000 to $250,000.

Here is the original post from iNPLACENEWS:

iNPLACENEWS


Drew Peterson Offers A Reward For Info

May 1, 2008

Drew Peterson is offering a twenty-five thousand dollar ($25k) reward for information leading to her safe return. Police consider him a suspect in the “possible” murder case of his wife, Stacy Peterson. He claims to have no information about her location or status. I guess, that means he cannot keep the money either. Or, it means he has to give himself the money. Right?

iNPLACENEWS


Dying Kidnapper Confesses to Murder 22 Years Ago

April 30, 2008

What happened to Iris L. Brown after she was kidnapped in 1976 was a complete mystery to her parents until recently, according to the police. The kidnapper, now seriously ill in a prison medical facility, has finally confessed to strangling her and dumping her remains along Interstate 89. 61-year old Willam J. Posey told Burlington Police Cold Case Investigators that he killed the victiim, then 27. He explained that he had coaxed her into his car, then he tried talking her into selling cocaine with, at which point an argument began, and he strangled her. He dumped herbody along the Interstate. Police plan to take some official steps in finding her remains, but little detail from the murderer only makes this harder for law enforcement.

iNPLACENEWS


Confessions From Austrian Horror House

April 28, 2008

A man has confessed to imprisoning his daughter for 24 years in a windowless cell with a soundproofed door. He also fathered seven children with her including three who “never saw sunlight,” police said Monday.

Now 73, the man originally called Josef F also told investigators that he burned the body of one of the children when the infant died shortly after birth, said Franz Polzer, head of the Lower Austrian Bureau of Criminal Affairs.

“We are being confronted with an unfathomable crime,” Interior Minister Guenther Platter said.

The daughter and original victim, now 42, had been missing since 1984. She was found by police in Amstetten on Saturday evening after receiving a tip. She and the children have since been placed under psychiatric care in an undisclosed location.

Authorities on Monday released several photos showing parts of the cramped basement cell. The cell was comprised of a small bathroom and a narrow passageway leading to a tiny bedroom. Investigators said an electronic keyless-entry system kept the victims from escaping from the cell, which was made of solid concrete.

After initially withholding his full name, police released the man’s name along with a photograph at a news conference Monday. He briefly appeared in court Monday. He is being held in a pre-trial detention.

“He admitted that he locked his daughter, who was 18 at the time, in the cellar, that he repeatedly had sex with her, and that he is the father of her seven children,” the head of the Lower Austrian Bureau of Criminal Affairs told The Associated Press.

Three of the surviving children lived with the grandparents and were registered with authorities. The other three – aged 19, 18 and 5 – were confined during their entire lives to the darkness of their cell, Polzer said.

Hans-Heinz Lenze, a senior local official, said the suspect’s wife apparently had “no idea” of what went on and was crushed by the news.

Guenter Pramreiter, a bakery owner in the neighborhood, told The Associated Press that the suspect and his wife would regularly buy bread and rolls, though never in large quantities.

After receiving a tip, police picked up the 42-year-old mother/victim, authorities identified as Elisabeth F., and her father on Saturday in the vacnity f the hospital.

Police said she appeared “greatly disturbed” during questioning. She agreed to talk only after authorities assured her she would no longer have to have contact with her father and that her children would be cared for.

On Sunday evening, police reported that investigators had found the area where Elisabeth and three of the children were held captive. Investigators said the rooms were at most 5 feet 6 inches feet high. The area had a TV and small hot plates for cooking.

In a chronology of events outlined in a police statement to authorities, Elisabeth said her father began sexually abusing her when she was 11, and in 1984, sedated, handcuffed, and locked her in the cellar.

Police said a letter written by Elisabeth had apparently surfaced a month after her disappearance, asking her parents not to search for her. Her father would later claim she had run off with a cult.

iNPLACENEWS